Senior Buyer- 2018 Job Position Fullfilled - May 2016
Globally recognised technical textile manufacturing company, J&D Wilkie Ltd, are seeking to appoint a driven Senior Buyer to fill the key procurement position within the company. The successful appointee will form part of the management team that will work closely with the Board of Directors to deliver unprecedented growth opportunities in 2016 and beyond.
Wilkie have been at the forefront of innovation in the technical textile sector for over 148 years and have a global manufacturing footprint that includes manufacturing facilities in the UK, China and India.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Buyer will focus on strategically sourcing and agreeing commercial terms with suppliers and ensuring they are capable of meeting the high standards of the business. Reporting directly to the Joint Managing Director (Sales), your key duties will include the following:-
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and managing material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided to support the critical business needs;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Developing the organisation's purchasing strategy;
Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years progressive experience in Purchasing and Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organisation;
- A dynamic and driven individual with a passion for Buying;
- Results focused negotiating skills
- Knowledge of textile yarns advantage but not essential;
- Degree/ CIPS qualification preferred, but not essential;
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines;
- Willingness to travel overseas as required.
The salary package will be determined by your experience, knowledge and the added value you can bring to the business..
Apply for this job
To apply for the position please email your CV and a covering letter to Mike Kiely or phone for an application form.
Telephone: 01575 570 206
J&D Wilkie Ltd Marywell Works, Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland, UK, DD8 4BJ